Phi Gamma Virtual
Phi Gamma Chapter (481) was chartered in June 2010 as a chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI), the Honor Society of Nursing. Members of Phi Gamma conduct meetings, business, and networking all online. As the only virtual chapter, Phi Gamma offers a unique opportunity to connect globally and enhance insight about health and wellbeing on an international scale.
The honor society's chapters are separated into 6 global regions: Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America & Caribbean, North America, and Oceania. The North American Region is further divided into 15 Geographic Regions. Phi Gamma (Virtual) is a part of North America Region 9. To learn more about STTI’s regions, visit the STTI Region Chapters Coordinating Committee (RCCC) page.
Our Chapter Leaders
The diversity of our leadership committee reflects the distinctive ability of the Phi Gamma Chapter to connect and engage worldwide. Our current multicultural and multilingual board consists of individuals from a number of different countries; including the United States of America, Sultanate of Oman, Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, Philippines, Australia, and the Virgin Islands just to name a few. Visit Our Chapter Leaders page to learn more about our dynamic team!
Key history of the Sigma Theta Tau International organization:
- In 1922 six nursing students at Indiana University founded the Honor Society of Nursing as a single chapter.
- The organization’s name was chosen by the founding students from the Greek words Storgé, Tharsos, and Timé meaning “love,” “courage,” and “honor.”
- In 1985, STTI became incorporated as a nonprofit organization.
- After 92 years the organization has grown to over 492 chapters worldwide with more than 130,000 active members from 85 countries.
- Over the course of the organization’s history, the honor society has achieved many milestones and firsts; including first nursing research grants, first to embrace membership and chapters outside the United States, first knowledge synthesis and international peer reviewed Evidence Based Practice journal, first scholarly nursing journal with the Journal of Nursing Scholarship, and many more!
General Data Protection Regulation goes into effect
Join our team!
Learn more about Phi Gamma Membership and Benefits here!
For more information about STTI's background click here or visit the STTI homepage